Welcome to the digital home of John Walters. Born in Stoke-on-Trent, England, John trained at Cleveland College of Art and Design in the North of England. He studied BA Hons Design Crafts in the Entertainment Industries. A versatile artist in both digital and traditional mediums, John maintains a strong foundation in the customary arts, including, but not limited to, figure drawing, landscape painting, and conceptual illustration.
John completed all four season’s of the hit US cable TV series Spartacus from Starz. John performed the role of Lead VFX Concept Artist/Matte Painter, providing final paintings and look development. For the animated series Axe Cop and Major Lazer on the FOX network John has created countless backgrounds and environments.
As well as visual effects and animation John provides services to the themed and entertainment industries such as Illustration, sculpting, model making, scenic painting and prop making. Working at multiple scales and with varied subject matter John has proven his ability as a professional and capable artist, adapting to any creative situation.
• Traditional and Digital painter, extremely fast and talented sketch artist.
• Concept Design and Look development.
• Matte Painting / 3D Camera Projections using Maya, Vue, Photoshop and Nuke.
• Sculpting, 3D Modeling, Texturing and Camera animation.
• Environment Design and creation 2D/3D.
• Highly capable with workshop/studio machinery and tools
Please do contact John here for any of your creative needs